Visiting a Patient
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto: visiting hours are 4pm-6pm daily unless otherwise indicated by the physician or nursing staff
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto: visiting hours are 4pm-6pm daily, unless otherwise indicated by the physician or nursing staff. Exceptions to this schedule include:
- Intensive Care Unit (Visitors may be asked to step out of the ICU otherwise indicated by the physician or nursing staff
- Maternity Unit: Fathers, family, friends and support people are welcome during Visiting hours but may be asked to step out . We sure they are fully immunized and have no signs of illness.
- We offer “Siesta Time” During this time, mothers and babies are given a chance to rest with minimal interruptions.
- All visitors must stop at the nurses’ station to sign in and get a visitor identification badge.
At Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto
Family and support person presence will be encouraged and maintained at the most liberal level commensurate with safe patient care practices and facility safety requirements.
- Visitation will be individualized to meet family and patient needs, allowing each patient/surrogate decision-maker the right to identify who is important in being a part of their care and whom they would like present with them.
- All staff will facilitate family/support persons presence and involvement in care as much as possible, orchestrating involvement in the safest possible manner for all involved.
- If a family member or any other Medical Center guest becomes disruptive to the point where staff reasonably determine that the person's presence would endanger the health or safety anyone, they will use the available resources to maintain safety and security. Such resources include, but are not limited to, charge nurse, nurse
manager, house supervisor, physician, pastoral care, social worker and/or security services.
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised and may never be left unattended.
- To maintain the safety and welfare of all persons Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto hours, all guests who remain in or arrive at the ward/center after Visiting p will be identified with an identification (ID) pass specific to the nursing unit where their loved-one is being cared for. No one under 18 years of age may stay overnight (exception – newborn baby staying with mother).